Dish description : a Kerala style stir-fry poultry preparation with grated coconut, In tamilnadu you can call this as poriyal,kerala it is thoran. this dish can be find in the interiors of kerala were traditionally served with coconut Toddy(Fermented alcoholic beverage from coconut sap).
- wood pigeon(chopped into small pieces) – 300 gm
- Ginger-garlic paste – 10 gm
- small Onions – 50 gm
- Grated coconut – 20 gm
- Red chilli powder – 10 gm
- Pepper powder – 2 gm
- Coriander powder – 25 gm
- Jeera powder – 10 gm
- Turmeric powder – 5 gm
- Oil – 3tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves
- Cook the pigeon in pressure cooker for five whistles , 25 ml water, half part of ginger garlic,onion,Turmericand salt or boil till the meat is tender and allow the water to absorb in to meat
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan , splutter mustard seeds and fry the Pigeon pieces along with ginger-garlic paste,pepper powder,red chilli powder,jeera powder,coriender powder,chicken masala powder,salt,turmeric powder
- Heat a tsp oil in a seperate pan and fry small onions and curry leaves to it till its brown.
- Add coconut , roast till its brown in color,When chicken is coated nicely with coconut allow for resting
- serve hot along with rice ,chapathi, malabari paratha..
Disclaimer :finediningindian.com is responsible for the accuracy and no claims entertained