For Puff Slabs:
- 250g strong plain flour
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 250g butter , at room temperature, but not soft
- about 150ml cold water
How to Achieve
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Roughly break the butter in small chunks, add them to the bowl and rub them in loosely. You need to see bits of butter.
- Make a well in the bowl and pour in about two-thirds of the cold water, mixing until you have a firm rough dough adding extra water if needed. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 20 mins in the fridge.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board, knead gently and form into a smooth rectangle. Roll the dough in one direction only, until 3 times the width, about 20 x 50cm. Keep edges straight and even. Don’t overwork the butter streaks; you should have a marbled effect.
- Fold the top third down to the centre, then the bottom third up and over that. Give the dough a quarter turn (to the left or right) and roll out again to three times the length. Fold as before, cover with cling film and chill for at least 20 mins before rolling to use.
- Roll thinly to a 0.2 cm thickness sheet Bake .poke evenly with a fork so that air will escake while baking to make the puff flat also layer the puff sheet in between two parchment paper ,put in between two baking trays
- bake in a Pre-heated oven of 180 c temperature for 15-20 mins or till golden color
- Cut into 5 cm long and 2 cm wide rectangular slabs as seen in picture
For Kheema Curry patha wali:(curry leaf flavored mince beef)
- Beef mince (keema) 750 grams
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Onions, chopped 2 medium
- Garlic, chopped 8 cloves
- Ginger, grated 1 inch piece
- Green chillies, minced 2
- curry leaf 2 sprigs
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 3/4 teaspoon
- mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves 3 tablespoons (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice1 1/2 tablespoons
How to Achieve
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan and add curry leaf ,mustard seeds,onion. Fry till lightly browned.
- Add garlic and stir-fry for a minute.Add beef mince, ginger, green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- Stir-fry for five minutes breaking up any lumps if formed.
- Add three-fourth cup of water, bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat and simmer for half an hour.Add peas, coriander leaves, salt, garam masala powder, lemon juice and another half cup of water.
- Mix well and simmer covered for about ten minutes till the mixtures leaves oil on top check the seasoning before you start plating
- place spoon full of kheema on the plates center , stick two puff slabs on both sides please refer the picture.
- Place two spoons of kheema on either side of the puff and stick two slabs of puff on each side ensure the presentation is stable garnish with crispy fried curry leaf or you can batter fry curry leaf for more texture.