A mouth-watering dish of Oxtail curry with roasted coconut. Give your taste buds a delicious surprise. Take a look at this eye-catching and soul-satisfying recipe. Do share your yummy reviews.
S.No Ingredients Qty
1 Oxtail (with bone) 1000
2 Turmeric powder 8
3 Coriander powder 20
4 Red chilli powder 20
5 Garam Masala 5
6 Meat Masala 20
7 Salt 5
8 Ginger Garlic paste 15
9 Onion (sliced) 100
10 Green chilli (split) 2
11 Coconut oil 30
12 Fennel seeds 3
13 PPeppercorns 3
14 Whole dry red chilli 2
15 Ground fresh coconut 100
16 Curry leaves 2
17 Coriander seeds 2
18 Mustard seeds 2
19 Cinnamon bark 2
20 Cloves 2
21 Dry bay leaf 1
22 Green cardamom 2
23 Small Shallots (sliced) 100
Method of Marination and cooking Oxtail:
- In a mixing bowl put the oxtail and marinate with turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, meat masala, ginger garlic paste, and salt. Mix all the marinate.
- Now add the sliced onion and green chilli then mix again.
- Transfer the marinated oxtail to a pressure cooker (2 liter capacity) and pour 300 ml stock.
- Cook for 1 minute on high heat and then 30 minutes on low heat.
Method of making Roasted Coconut paste:
- Heat a pan and in the hot pan pour some coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot put fennel seeds, peppercorns, whole dry red chilli, coriander seeds and curry leaves. Saute for a minute. Make sure you don’t burn the spices.
- Now add the grated coconut.
4. Saute till it turns to light brown. Allow it to cool.
- In a mixer, jar put this and grind it into a smooth paste.
Method of making Curry Masala:
- Heat a casserole and into a hot casserole pour some coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot put mustard seeds, cinnamon bark, cloves, bay leaf, green cardamom, fresh ginger garlic (optional), small shallots and curry leaves.
- Saute till the shallots turns to golden brown colour.
Put some turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala. Saute for a while.
- Now add the roasted coconut paste, mix it well with the sauted shallots.
- Pour some water, allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Curry masala is ready.
- From the pressure cooker add cooked oxtail into the curry masala with all the stock.
2. Mix thoroughly, allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning at this stage and add some salt if needed.
- Plate it in a deep bowl with the sauce, while plating try to avoid the whole spices.