Spicy Trivandrum chicken fry with Beetroot Hoppers Kerala recipe
Chicken wings is the most succulent meat part in Chicken body . In this Spicy Trivandrum chicken fry Beetroot Hoppers Kerala recipe we developed for our New Indian small sharing Plate cook book . We can easily assure you so far one of the best spiced chicken wing recipe. It is served with Hoppers – Appam a traditional kerala breakfast bread dish also has its root in srilanka . Its made with fermented rice batter traditionally fermented with palm Toddy now yeast is used instead.
Ingredients For Trivandrum Chicken Wing Fry
• 2 Pc Chicken Wings
• 1 No. Red Onion Medium Size
• 40g Size Pink Hopper
• 2g Ginger Peeled
• 3g Garlic Peeled
• 10g Peeled Shallots
• 1g Turmeric Powder
• 2no. Curry Leaf
• 4g Coriander Powder
• 6g Red Chilli Powder
• 3g Fennel Powder
• 3g Garam Masala
• 2g Salt
• 5g Lemon Juice
• 10g Rice Flour
• 200ml Coconut Oil to Fry (Can Substitute with Neutral Flavored Oil) 1g Edible Flower
Method For Chicken Fry
1. Marinate chicken wings with lemon juice and all of the mentioned powdered spices as well as some salt. Keep refrigerated for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, lightly crush the peeled ginger, garlic, shallots and curry leaf in a blender. Mix with chicken wings, and make sure to keep checking the seasoning. Lightly roll the wings in the rice flour, always making sure to keep the lollipop shape. Place back in the refrigerator until needed.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a deep frying pan, with ideal temperature being around 170C. Slowly drop the chicken wings straight from the refrigerator rather than leaving them out. This helps to prevent losing marinade in oil.
4. Fry until the chicken is cooked, but reduce the heat to medium if it’s getting color too quickly. Drain and keep in a paper towel until needed.
5. Bring down the oil temperature to 150C, and then slice banana shallots length-wise very thinly using a knife or preferably a mandolin.
6. While peeling the onion, be sure to try and keep the root side. It helps to keep the shape when frying, if possible. Once the onion is crispy, remove it and keep it on the paper towel.
7. Lightly warm your pre-cooked pink hopper in a microwave, cutting it into small squares, as shown in picture. Arrange the pink hoppers on plate, and then place the fried chicken wings and fried shallots. Sprinkle around edible flower petals to add another level of depth to the plate itself. You can also squeeze a slice of lemon juice on top if you feel that it could use a little tartness.
Buy Print Version of Fine Dining Indian Magazine July
” To be the world’s best fine dining Indian cuisine website and magazine”
We strive to achieve this by providing a platform for all Indian food lovers around the globe.
Submit Your Review
clear Instructions 0 Availability 0 To Understand 0 Quality 0 will you Share 0 Average