Our very own humble recipe from Gujarat now offering a cupful nutrient in the comforts of your kitchen.
Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for Steamed Handvo
1 cup whole moong, soaked in hot water for 2 hours
1 cup green peas, crushed
2 tbsp semolina
1 tbsp gram flour
2 tbsp coriander; finely chopped
1 tsp green chilly paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
salt as required
1 ½ tsp fruit salt
1 tsp peanut oil for greasing
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp carom seeds
2 whole Kashmiri red chillies; broken into pieces
2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
- Lightly grease tea cups with 1 tsp peanut oil and keep aside till further use.
- Grind soaked moong into a course paste using ½ cup fresh water and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- To this, add semolina, crushed peas, gram flour, chopped coriander, green chilly paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt and ¼ cup of water. Mix well. Rest the mixture for 10 minutes.
- To the mixture, add fruit salt and 2 tsp of water. Mix immediately and fill the greased cups till ¾th full.
- Place in a steamed on high flame for 15 minutes.
- While this is steaming, heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow these to crackle. Add in carom seeds, Kashmiri chilly, sesame seeds, asafoetida and turn the flame off.
- Spoon a little on each of the steamed handvo.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional content per serving
|Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Total Fibre (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Calcium (mg)||Iron (mg)||Energy (kCal)|
Buy our December Magazine
Submit Your Review
clear Instructions 0 Availability 0 To Understand 0 Quality 0 will you Share 0 Average Loading, please wait