Whole wheat vegetable bread
Whole wheat vegetable bread recipe by Lalithambika Devi from Kerala an excellent bread with vegetables easy to make at home. As its a healthy version made with whole wheat flour.
Yields one loaf
Serves-3 to 4
1 cup measures 250 ml
Baking temperature: 180 C
- Whole wheat flour- 2 cups
- Olive oil- 1/2cup
- Salt- 1/2tsp
- Sugar- 4 to 5 tsp
- Instant yeast- 1 tsp
- Lukewarm milk- 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Egg- 1(beat well and add half the quantity to the dough. Rest can be used for egg wash)
- Carrot- 1, medium (finely grated)
- Beans- 5 to 6 (finely sliced)
- Tomato- 1, medium (sliced to thin discs)
- Pepper- as per taste
- Parsley, Oregano
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Take flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Mix well. Add oil and mix it in, followed by egg and lukewarm milk. Knead well for about 10 minutes .Dough should not be dry. A bit of stickiness is acceptable. Brush the dough with milk and leave it to rise for an hour or two.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add grated carrots n finely chopped beans and sauté. Sprinkle salt and pepper, finish with parsley and oregano.
- Once the dough has doubled up in size, punch out the air and knead in the vegetable mix. Shape it in to a loaf and let it rise for about half an hour in a greased loaf pan.
- Glaze the loaf with egg wash, place the tomato discs atop, sprinkle sesame seeds and herbs and take it to the oven, preheated to 180C.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Flavourful yet wholesome veggie bread ready!
Whole wheat vegetable bread Recipe by Lalithambikadevi from Kerala
To feature your recipe get in touch through our Instagram page
Submit Your Review
clear Instructions 0 Availability 0 To Understand 0 Quality 0 will you Share 0 Average