Rasmalai Classic Recipe
Provided by blogger and Influencer Saloni Panda
- 3 cups of milk for the rabri
- 3 cups of water for sugar syrup
- 1 and a half cup sugar
- 1 tsp of saffron
- Homemade Chena (For rasmalai balls)
- Pinch of cardamom powder or Elaichi powder
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds/pista
Procedure for Rasmalai Classic Recipe
- Take 3 cups of milk, pour it into a pot and bring to boil.
- Once the milk comes to boil, add saffron and half a cup of sugar.
- Reduce the flame to medium and keep stirring every 2 mins. This will prevent the milk from scorching.
- Boil until the milk thickens and reduces to half. Set this to cool down
- Once cooled down, let this chill in the fridge
- Next, make small balls of chena , flatten them into discs. In case they crack, roll them gently and cover the cracks. Set these discs aside on a plate.
- Boil 3 cups of water. Add 1 cup of sugar to it and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar dissolves, add cardamom powder to it.
- Add the discs to the sugar syrup and cook for 6-7 mins on medium flame.
- Take the discs onto a plate and let them cool down. Squeeze them with your palms to remove the sugar syrup.
- Add the discs to the chilled rabri.
- You can also simmer the rabri and the discs for about 2-3 mins to let the dissolve the rabri.
- Allow this to rest for a few hours. Garnish with chopped almonds/pistas and serve chilled.
Submit Your Review
clear Instructions 0 Availability 0 To Understand 0 Quality 0 will you Share 0 Average