Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji
Words By Chef Reetu on her achievements
chef Reetu Uday Kugaji revelas her experience
“I believe that the food that I cook / prepare should not only touch the hearts but also the souls of the people relishing it.
I own my personal website : chefreetuudaykugaji.com
I run a Facebook page “Food For Thought by Chef Mrs Reetu Uday Kugaji”.
wherein my students and I share a lot of Current / Latest trends in Hospitality, Food, Food Styling, Food Plating and Food Photography.
I am a member of Western India Culinary Association (WICA)
Also, I am into writing recipes both Desi that’s Indian & Videshi that’s International and articles for various online and offline publications.
In the past ,I have worked as a Program Head- Culinary Arts, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh at the ITM Institute of Hotel Management, Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
In the past, I have also contributed as an Associate Professor at D. Y. Patil University, School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, Navi Mumbai. At the D.Y.Patil University and Stadium, I had been into the menu planning and have prepared the most delectable and exotic cuisines for the Former Hon. President Of India Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Tai Patil, “The God of Cricket”Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, “The Great Wall of Indian Cricket” Mr. Rahul Dravid and various other dignitaries and eminent personalities. Intricately prepared cuisine designed to capture a delicious and exciting range of flavours, textures and aromas. Handled Special Food Preparations for IPL matches, T 20-20, International Cricket Matches at the D.Y. Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai. So I have cooked the most delectable cuisines for small to very large numbers.
With 20 years of experience in the world of culinary, I believe that food is like oxygen to me. Food for me is God. As my profession demands cooking and tasting Non-Vegetarian foods & in spite of me being a pure vegetarian, I perform my duties religiously as I understand the cause behind it is holy and noble. I profoundly believe that food whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian, if cooked with utmost love and positivity touches the heart of a person relishing it.
I am privileged to be a Chef and a Mentor.
If I have to say what my biggest achievements are, those are shaping the careers and motivating thousands of students, especially the budding Chefs of tomorrow, mentoring them and I am indeed blessed to see my students excel in their careers and holding immense respect, gratitude and love for me.
I am a complete foodie, love to experiment with foods, innovations and fusions in foods and beverages, passionate about exploring new places tasting and knowing about different types of cuisines. I totally adore Food Styling and Food Photography. I have an insatiable curiosity for new foods and love pairing, flavours, foods and ideas from different parts of the World. It feels great to share my knowledge and skills with everyone. Enjoy Cooking!!!!
Received Recognition for the best Food photographer of the month April’2015 – Fruit Jellies – Food Photography Group on Face book
Winner in Healthy Recipe Contest – Grilled Chicken, Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Roasted Poppy seed Dressing on www.betterbutter.in in August ‘2015
As a Kid I have grown up seeing my mother cook the most delectable cuisines for the entire family. That gave the first kick in my mind that, Yes food is such an interesting and enormous art. I guess that I have got it through my genes.
My accomplishments are to see and witness my Students grow in their careers and to be well renowned is a pat on my back , I feel extremely proud of that. As a mentor to them , I ensure that this quality of being extremely Humble and be proud of your roots is inculcated in my students, as I want them to be good humble humans first and then Chefs.
The Noble profession that I am in itself inspires me to give my best to the Budding Chefs of tomorrow. I feel that I am indeed privileged and blessed to mentor so many students and the brightness of their success in their eyes and also of their parents, keeps inspiring me.
Would love to do:
Doing a lot of research on Lost Recipes of India.
I am so proud to be an Indian, its rich Food, Culture and Heritage.
As a Chef we owe to the generations coming in to bring back the Lost Recipes of India.
I keep myself updated with the latest trends of the Hospitality Industry by attending a lot to Faculty Development Programmes ,Seminars and Conferences.
In addition to the above
- Letter of appreciation from Vice Chairman and MD of CIDCO for cordial support and participation in Navi Mumbai’s First ever Wellness and Spiritual Youth fest held on 15th January, 2016.
- Handled Menu Planning & Special food production for Former Hon. President Of India Her Excellency
Smt. Pratibha Tai Patil. , various other dignitaries and eminent personalities.
- Received Letter of Appreciation from the Vice-Chancellor of the D.Y.Patil University for Handling and providing excellent Special Food Production for the Former Hon. President Of India Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Tai Patil.
- Menu Planning and handled Food Production for eminent personalities like “The God of Cricket” Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar , “The Great Wall of India” Mr Rahul Dravid and many other renowned personalities.
- Handling special food production orders for IPL matches, T 20-20, International Cricket Matches at the D.Y. Patil Stadium.
- Recipes on various cuisines publications in DNA (DNA of Navi Mumbai)
- Recipes on Indian food dishes publications in The New Bombay Times (The Times of India)
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute for service as an Instructor of Food Production Principles in recognition of contributions to the advancement and support of training and education in the Hospitality Industry.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute for service as an Instructor of Security and Loss Prevention Management in recognition of contributions to the advancement and support of training and education in the Hospitality Industry.
- Organized theme dinner / lunches Event Co-ordinator & Food Production Incharge for the S.Y.B.Sc.H.M.C.T.O – Dawaat-e-Khass, Sanjha Chulha & Dhola-ri-Dhani.
- Worked as the Public Relations Officer and Décor In charge for the T.Y.H.M.C.T Miharjan-E-Arab and S.Y.DEGREE Pakeezah , Choki Dhani and Annam theme dinners and theme lunches.
- Worked as the Public Relations Officer and Décor In charge for the Craft Course Cookery Theme Dinner ( Kabila ).
- Event Co-ordinator of Cultural Festival “Akanksha 2000”
- Constant dedication and hard work in academics -Prestigious Medal and Certificate of Merit in 1995 from His Excellency Honorable Dada Saheb Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil, Former Governor of Bihar and West Bengal and the President of Padmashree Dr. D.Y.Patil University , Dr. Vijay D. Patil.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh for teaching the various modules to the Culinary Students.
My Educational Qualifications are as mentioned below:
2012 – Masters in Human Resources Development & Management from Sikkim Manipal University, Directorate of Distance Education – Gangtok.
2011- Awarded Certificate “Diploma in Chocolate Making” from Callebaut Chocolate Academy, Mumbai.
Level-I Introduction to Chocolates 27th April 2011
Level-II All About Chocolates 28th and 29th April 2011
Level-III Chocolates Beyond Basics and Expertise.14th and 15th November 2011
2008 – M.T.M (Masters of Tourism Management) from Madurai Kamaraj University, Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
2006 – B.A (Bachelor of Arts) from Mumbai University.
2001 – Diploma in Personnel Management from Wellingkars Institute of Management, Mumbai.
1997 – Three Year Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from Dr .D.Y. Patil Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, D.Y.Patil University, Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
I have trained extensively at The Leela Kempinski, The Ambassadors Sky Chef and The Trident, Mumbai in the Food Production Department. ”
My readers may get in touch with me at :
With Culinary Regards,
Chef, Mentor, Culinary Expert & Author, Hospitality and Food Consultant.
Submit Your Review
Post Quality 0 Share on Social Media 0 Average