Thermomix is a mincer, a grater, a dough maker, a juicer, a whisk, a blender, a mill and a pestle and mortar to name just a few of its many functions. It is also an ice cream/sorbet maker, a coffee grinder and spice grinder, an electronic weighing scale, a food processor and a food mixer. It whips, emulsifies, homogenises and crushes and has a built in timer. Of course, what makes it completely different from any other appliance is that it also sautées, steams and cooks!
Thermomix makes coleslaw in seconds, pancake batter, delicate sauces, soups, stews and vegetable purées. It can cook jams and chutneys, grind fresh horseradish, chop onions, make peanut butter, cook up a pot of chilli, and steam fish, meat and vegetables in the Varoma tray. The versatility of the Thermomix system is boundless and the possibilities are wonderful when imagination and creativity are added!
After using the Thermomix, cleaning up only takes a moment. Hot water and a dash of washing up liquid whizzed at speed 6-8 will generally do the trick! All parts other than the motor housing unit are dishwasher safe.
It will stir and cook simultaneously. It will blend the finest purées. It also offers speed, safety, reliability and creative opportunity. Chefs and caterers throughout the world depend on Thermomix because it saves them time and effort and produces consistently good results.
WHAT IT CAN DO FOR YOU
- Outstanding blending and purées
- Perfect crème for Crème Brulée cooked in 8 – 12 minutes, ready to chill, no bain marie needed
- Hollandaise first time, every time in just 3 – 4 minutes
- Herbs and vegetables chopped in seconds
- Spices ground to powder, quick and easy piri piri, smooth curry pastes, grind coffee beans
- Soups and pasta sauces from preparation to cooking to puréeing, all in one machine
- Fresh fruit sorbets in 2-5 minutes
- Creme Anglaise for your ice creams
- Ganache centres for hand-made chocolates
- Blending up to 2 litres
- Grinds soaked dal, soaked rice for dosas
- Parmesan grated in seconds
- Pesto and perfectly emulsified dressings
- Wonderful fresh pasta dough kneaded effortlessly
- Crush ice for cocktails, quick sorbets, drinks
- Madeleines and shortbread
- Mousselines and pâtés
- Zabaglione in 6 minutes, whisked and heated
Approx market price -700- 100 £
source and image courtesy :ukthermomix.com